Airway & Ventilation Management Workshop
- Review normal breathing mechanics and how mechanical ventilation mimics and changes the process of breathing (theoretical knowledge)
- Review assessment/recognition of respiratory deterioration (theoretical knowledge)
- Use diagnostic tools to guide treatment strategies (theoretical knowledge)
- Compare and contrast non-invasive ventilatory support and invasive ventilation (theoretical knowledge)
- Identify and rationalise ventilator settings: SIMV/CMV, Volume/Pressure controlled, FiO2, PEEP, RR, TV (clinical practice skills)
- Demonstrate nursing management of progressing respiratory case study requiring ventilatory support (clinical decision making)
Intermediate participants are defined as having emerging clinical practice skills/reasoning within the specialty environment, developing in specialist roles/skills; seeks additional clinical support/guidance when required and sets professional development goals with limited support.
- Pre learning – eLearning modules approximately 2hrs
- Workshop – approximately 4hrs. Either 8am-12pm or 1pm -5pm confirmed on enrolment
- Health care professional
- Completion of eLearning content prior to the course is highly recommended but not mandatory
Light refreshments throughout the course are provided.
Neat casual clothing.
ANZCEN members are entitled to a 10% discount when booking.
Enter discount code: ANZCEN_FULL_Member at checkout for a 10% discount. Note: You must be a financial member at time of booking and course delivery.
Want to become a member? Learn more about being an ANZCEN member.