Celebrated in Australia since 1989, Emergency Nurses Week, October 10-16, is an international celebration to recognise the hard work and dedication of emergency nurses all over the world. Nursing requires a special level of compassion and nurses working in hospital emergency wards face trauma and high-pressure situations every day, yet still return to provide crucial care for those who need it the most. Show your support, give thanks and join the celebration during Emergency Nurses Week, with a special focus on October 13 for Emergency Nurses Day.
Share your celebrations by tagging @anzcen, and using the hashtags #anzcen and #ENweekANZ
A Week of Giveaways!
To celebrate Emergency Nurses Week, we have put together five days worth of amazing giveaways.
- Monday Oct 11: To kick off the week, we will be giving away two gift cards for new Kangarama scrubs of your choice! The innovative anti-viral and anti-bacterial scrubs are designed with the emergency nurse in mind.
- Tuesday Oct 12: You could win a full 12-month subscription to ANZCEN giving you access to multiple online learning modules, webinars, discounts on courses, events and seminars, critical to the work of the emergency nurse.
- Wednesday Oct 13: On Emergency Nurses day, we will be giving away two state-of-the-art smart watches, perfect for a busy day, keeping you and your friend set while on the go.
- Thursday Oct 14: A luxury $200 gift card to Hamper Emporium is up for grabs! Indulge in some well deserved self-care and enjoy some goodies on us.
- Friday Oct 15: Ending the week with a bang, we will be giving away enrolment to our two-day Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) empowering you with the knowledge, critical thinking skills, and hands-on training to provide expert care for trauma patients.
Stay tuned for the competition on our Facebook and Instagram pages during Emergency Nurses Week. To enter, you will need to like both pages, tag an emergency nurse and let us know in three words what makes a good nurse. A new prize will be announced on each day, and only submissions on that particular day will count as entries for the individual prizes. Good luck!
How to celebrate Emergency Nurses Week
There are a number of different ways that you can celebrate Emergency Nurses Week. If you know someone who is an emergency nurse, why not use this day in order to make them aware of how much you appreciate all of the hard work and all of the effort that they put in. You could send them a card or gift, thanking them for their work.
To help spread the word and promote Emergency Nurses Week, feel free to download our media kit.